About Us


Looking for Answers?

Frequently Asked Questions

1.      Doing Business with the Corps – How do I contract with or do business with the Corps?

    a.      We’d love to do business with you. For more information, please visit the “Business with Us” tab at the top of the page and review the information on how to register and submit bids on Corps projects.

2.      Employment/Jobs/Working for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers – How do I apply for a job?

    a.      All civilian job opportunities available with the federal government, including USACE, are posted on USAJobs at http://usace.usajobs.gov. USAJobs is the federal government's official job site. One must apply for federal jobs using the tools available (including a resume/resume builder). Find more information in our "Careers" tab.

3.      Permits– How do I apply for a Corps permit?

    a.      Are you looking to do a project that may affect waters, including wetlands, of the United States? We’re here to help. Please visit our “Regulatory” sub-tab under the “Missions” tab located at the top of the page where you can find all the information you need on new, current and past permits.

4.      Where do I find information on the harbors and waterways in South Carolina?

    a.      Please visit the “Navigation” sub-tab under the “Missions” tab at the top of the page to find maps and channel conditions for the waterways in South Carolina.

5.  I’m a member of the media and need to get in touch with someone for information or an interview. What should I do?

    a.      Please visit the “Media” tab at the top of the page or contact CESAC-PAO@usace.army.mil or call 843-329-8123.

6.      Freedom of Information Act Requests – Where and how do I make a FOIA request?

    a.      Are you looking to obtain a project document or other information? You may first have to submit a FOIA request, which can be done by visiting the “FOIA” sub-tab under the “Contact” tab at the top of the page.

7.      How do I contact a USACE employee for help or service?

    a.      Please see the “Contact” tab in the upper right-hand corner of the page to find all the contact information for the various departments within the Charleston District.

8.      Former U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Military Personnel Information – How do I locate?

    a.      The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers cannot assist; however, the U.S. Army has a system in place for possibly helping to locate former/retired military personnel. Please visit the Army’s website at http://www.army.mil to find information which may assist you.

9.      Former/Current Employee Information – How do I get information regarding former or current USACE employees?

    a.      We cannot/do not provide personal information regarding former/current employees.

10.      How do I join the Army?

    a.      To find information about joining the Army, please visit the U.S. Army website at http://www.goarmy.com or contact your local Army Recruiter.

11.  My question isn’t in the FAQ and I can’t find what I’m looking for.

    a.      If you are having trouble finding something, please contact the webmasters at CESAC-PAO@usace.army.mil and we will direct you to the appropriate place.

12.   I found a problem with the Charleston District website. What should I do?

    a.      First of all, thank you! If you have encountered any problems with the website or have found a broken link, please use the contact information on the page that is broken or send an email to CESAC-PAO@usace.army.mil.