Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Salary: GS-4 step 01
Start/End Date: summer
Hours per week: 8 hours/week
Application Deadlines: The deadline for the summer internship applications is May 30th
This internship will be paid at the GS-4 grade level. The internship is funded through the summer semester (May-August). The work schedule will be agreed upon at the date of hire but will be a standard 40 hr work week.
Description: This internship will be primarily focused in the Operations Division Geospatial Services Section. Emphasis will be on GIS/Survey work in support of active USACE navigation projects. There will be opportunities to experience other specialties within the Division (coastal, environmental, regulatory, navigation, construction and planning) as they become available. The main duties of the geospatial intern will be to assist with data entry of aerial imagery, aerial lidar, sediment samples and other geospatial data as needed.
Student Duties: The student will participate in an internship with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Charleston District operations team. The student will get a broad overview of the different departments within USACE and create and present a research project agreed upon by both the USACE and the student. Please view the USACE Charleston District website at https://www.sac.usace.army.mil/ to explore all of the different work areas that USACE participates in.
- Must be able to pass a government background check and be at least 18 years of age or older
- Flexible and positive attitude toward duties and schedules
- Possess initiative; be a self-starter
- Have a basic understanding of computer processes or workflows
- Ability to conduct themselves professionally with a variety of stakeholders
- Must have taken at least a basics of GIS course and preference will be given to those with advanced GIS experience
To Apply: Fill out the form located at https://arcg.is/1D59ae0 and be sure to include your CV/resume (to include a list of relevant course work) and a short statement of interest. To access the application you can also scan the QR code.