Because who DOESN’T want to know more about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers?
1. Total Expenditures of $317.6 million
2. 704 contracting actions totaling $217.1 million dollars
3. 2,415 Regulatory permitting actions completed
4. Provided a wide-range of assistance to 20 different sister federal agencies
5. Passed 215,000 fish through the fish lift at the St. Stephen Powerhouse
6. Two employees received national USACE awards and one won Supervisor of the year in the Charleston Federal Executives Association
7. 5 dredges were operating simultaneously in Charleston Harbor at one point
8. One employee applied for a patent on an invention
9. 76% of our 225 employees are not engineers
10. We’re BIG on SMALL business, awarding them 48% of our contracts
11. Supported the next generation of America’s workers through dozens of STEM events
12. 29% of our employees formerly served in the military, including one drill sergeant
13. Generated power for 40,000 homes through the St. Stephen Powerhouse
14. Poised for FY15 with the release of the Draft Environmental Impact Statement for Charleston Harbor Post 45
Stay tuned to see what happens in FY15!